Renting a shared office or flexible private office can be a cost-effective way to have a professional workspace, without the expense of leasing a private office. Here are a few steps you can take to rent a shared office:
- Identify your needs: Before you start looking for a shared office, it’s important to determine what you need. Consider factors such as location, size, and amenities that are important to you.
- Research available options: Look for shared office spaces in your area and find out what they offer. Some websites that list shared office spaces include LocalWorks.us and LiquidSpace. You can also search for “coworking spaces” or “shared office spaces” in Google, to find more options.
- Tour the spaces: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, schedule tours of the spaces you’re interested in. This will give you a chance to see the office in person and ask any questions you may have.
- Compare costs and amenities: After touring the spaces, compare the costs and amenities of each one. Consider factors such as the cost of rent, additional services, and the overall atmosphere of the space.
- Sign a lease: Once you’ve chosen a shared office space that meets your needs, you’ll need to sign a lease. Be sure to read the lease carefully and understand the terms and conditions before you sign.
- Start working: After you’ve signed the lease and moved in, you’ll be ready to start working in your new shared office space.
Frequently Asked Questions
LocalWorks uses the term "membership fee" to refer to the fee that you pay in order to use the LocalWorks location and office. We do not use the term “rent” as there is no lease and members are not considered tenants.
Your office space, wifi, utilities, and a desk/chair in your office is included.
Choose your location on the website, select “Schedule a Tour” and choose a day and time that works best for you.
No, tours are self guided. You will have a LocalWorks concierge on the phone with you to answer any questions, help you select your office, and get signed up as a member.
Once you arrive at the location for the tour, you will call the number in your confirmation email to receive a code to get in or approval to enter the building.
Upon request, you can remove our furniture and use your own.
Each location has an operations manager that will stop by weekly to make sure everything is running smoothly. We have a full support team available by phone, email or chat every day during business hours.
Your initial payment will consist of your first month's membership fee, security deposit, and setup fee. After that you will be charged on the first day of each month for that month's membership fee. You are required to keep a valid payment method on file, and late fees will accrue when payments fail. See our Terms for details.
Simply email [email protected]. 30-day notice is required and you are responsible for your membership fee for the 30-day period following your notice.
Many of our locations have conference rooms. If available, conference rooms are booked using our members portal. Ask your LocalWorks sales representative if the location you are considering has a conference room.